The following is a list of questions frequently asked by family and friends of offender at the Norfolk County Correctional Center.

How do I set up a telephone account so my relative or friend can call me?
Contact DSI by visiting or by calling 1-877-650-4249. There are no fees to open, replenish or close the account. This account is for telephone calls only.

How do I get a visitor approval request form?
Any person who wishes to visit an offender must first be approved by the Norfolk County Sheriff’s Office. Download the visitor pre-approval request form here.

You can also pick one up in person at the jail or an inmate can request one that he can send to you at his own expense.

The completed form can be faxed to 781-326-6020 or mailed to:

Norfolk Sheriff’s Office – Visitation

200 West Street
Dedham, MA 02026

When can I visit my relative or friend? 
Due to constantly changing schedules, we advise that you call the jail at 781-329-3705 to obtain the latest information.

What is the policy regarding child visitors?
Children (under age 18) may visit offenders on weekends only. A child accompanied by a parent or legal guardian must present a birth certificate at the time of the visit. If the child is accompanied by someone other than a parent or legal guardian, there must be on file with us: a minor consent form, birth ceritificate or copy, and a notarized letter stating that the child has the permission of the parent or guardian to visit the offender.

Have I been approved to visit my relative or friend?
Call the jail at 781-329-3705 to learn your approval status.

What is the address of the facility?
200 West St., Dedham, MA, 02026

What is the dress code for visitors?
Proper dress is required. No shorts, tank tops, miniskirts, jewelry, sleeveless shirts, hoods, bare midriffs or open-toed shoes. Jail administrators reserve the right to deny visitors access if their appearance is deemed to be potentially disruptive.

When can I post bail? What is the process? Is there a fee?
Bail may be posted between 4 p.m. and 9 p.m. Monday through Friday, and from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. The person posting the bail must bring cash to the jail. We will contact the bail commissioner, who will come to the jail and receive the bail after a thorough check is run to determine if there are pending warrants or detainers from other courts. The bail commissioner charges a $40 fee in addition to the bail amount, and the entire process can take about two hours. Although we try to make this process as quick as possible, persons posting bail should be prepared to wait, as delays can occur.

What is the process for giving money to an offender for his canteen account?

There are several ways to do this:

Effective Friday January 31st, 2014 you can visit and use a credit card or debit card to deposit money into an offender's account. You may come to the jail and deposit cash into a kiosk in the jail lobby between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m.

There also is a kiosk in the lobby area of the Quincy office of the Norfolk County Sheriff's Office at 191 Parkingway in Quincy Center (next to the Petco pet supply store). The Quincy kiosk is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

To deposit money by phone into an offender's canteen account, call 1-866-345-1884. You can use a credit card of a debit card, and you will need the offender's Norfolk Correctional Center ID number.

To deposit money by phone into an offender's phone account, call 1-866-230-7761. You can use a credit card or a debit card, and you will need the offender's Norfolk Correctional Center ID number.

Canteen Family & Friends Package
Family & friends my purchase a canteen package for offender.  Offenders may receive up to $75.00 or two packages per month.  This does not include tax or $3.95 handling charge.

Please visit or
call 1-800-546-6283 Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m.-11:59 p.m. EST
& Saturday and Sunday 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 pm EST

Can an offender receive books, newspapers or magazines?
Offenders may receive publications as long as they are sent directly from a publisher or online outlet. At any time, offenders may possess no more than three books and a Holy Bible. Magazines covering topics such as sports, health, news and general interest must be deemed appropriate by jail administrators.

Who should I contact about informing an offender regarding a family death?
Contact the Director of Programs during regular business hours by calling 781-329-3705.

If an offender is released from court without his belongings, when may he pick them up?
Offender property may be picked up in person by the offender Monday through Friday between 9:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.  The offender must present proper ID and the paperwork he received upon his entry into the jail. If the offender is incarcerated in another facility, he must have a notarized letter designating another person to retrieve his property. Unclaimed property is discarded after 30 days.