There are numerous career opportunities within our organization. Our workforce is predominately correction officers. In addition to correction officers, the Norfolk County Sheriff's Office is committed to providing career opportunities in a variety of fields of service including nurses, caseworkers, teachers, administrative workers and more.
Minimum requirements are job specific. Below are the minimum criteria to seek employment as a Correctional Officer within the Norfolk County Sheriff's Office:
- Minimum age 21
- High School Diploma or equivalent or served for three plus years in the Armed Services
- Honorable Discharge from the Armed Services (when applicable)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Pass a drug and psychological test
- Pass a general and criminal background check
- Pass a written exam
- Pass a physical fitness test (when applicable)
- Demonstrate verbal, written and computer skills sufficient to effectively communicate
- Provide approved licensures (when applicable)
- United States Citizenship
You can access the National Correctional Officer study guide here.